Thursday 20 November 2008

Oh no, not another one

My reason for starting an offshoot blog is simple, I need somewhere to vent my non-video game related nonsense. Blogging seems to the be in-thing so I figure I shall put this out there and see what happens. However this will not be the usual nonsense of: 'went to the shops and got a pint of milk, came home and watched old episodes of The A-Team, my day rocked.' This blog shall be used for all my creative stuff that swirls around in my head. I need somewhere to let this creative things in my head roll out, of they stay in there and stagnate. I used to write short stories and very quickly ran out of steam after I delivered what I thought were 5 really good stories. My mind sort of crashed after those stories because when I re-read them I realised I didn't think I could write anything that good ever again.

In a way to kind of try my hand at writing again, I began to write about a subject that was on my mind and something I had a not-so-secret passion for, professional wrestling. I love watching professional wresting, the athletics and the storytelling that are put into some matches just grabs me. So I started on a book, it was titled: Confessions of a Former Hulkamanic or Reasons why Vince McMahon can kiss my ass.
It was a deconstruction of my perspective of watching WWF throughout the years. I was chronicling the rise of the WWF to what I consider its peak and then was going to spend a few chapters at the end detailing how I view wrestling now and what the landscape for wrestling for an average fan is now. It is still a work in progress and I do plan to finish it at some point, mostly because I am stubborn, and that is where this blog comes in. If I use this blog to clear some of the creative clutter that is my head, it may give me a clear head to sit down and finish the book at some point. The book sits at 86 pages so far, 40,225 words, and currently is detailing 1996 in the WWF. I intend to get to 2001 and their peak at Wrestlemania 17.

So more posts to come, generally filled with rabid nonsense and silliness.

No comments: