Monday 13 April 2009

You're Fired!

Okay so I am writing this on monday night and I go back to work tomorrow after some time off due to illness, and I fully expect to walk into work only to be fired later that same day.
Why? Well the answer is simple, I screwed up. Having not dealt with extreme stress for many months, I was pushed to my limit on two calls that came through to me, both from the same person on seperate dates, the woman on the phone just badgered me and goaded me and really pushed all my buttons to the point where on my second call my brain just broke and for the next 5 minutes of the call I made up a bunch of lies just to get her off the phone, if I hadn't done that I would have screamed at her down the phone and said a lot lot worse believe me. Wrapping up the call some sembelence of sanity shone through and I gave myself about 2 weeks leeway, that leeway is up and I think its probably going to show up now what has happened. The timing for all this couldn't be worse but I refuse to be fired, I am going to quit first if I am taken to a room and told that I am being fired I'll cut them off and quit first. If by some miracle I am not fired tomorrow, then I will count myself as lucky and get to work on finding a new job, because I am done with NAG group who I now work for. The company is ridiculous, the manager is laughable in her job because she wants to be friends with the staff and has trouble controlling her own staff. And the fact that pushed me over the edge to where I knew I had to get out of there, on the same day that all the drama happened, the girl who sits behind me was shit faced drunk and still allowed to work her shift, no one said a damn thing.

The two words I am going out of my way not to hear tomorrow: You're Fired!

1 comment:

Edwardo said...

I would advise that you watch what you say on a publically accessible blog, some employers are particularly nosy and whatever you post on the web in a fit of pique stays on the web forever.

Cheers :>