Wednesday 17 June 2009

Shouting for Huey!

Urgh! I feel terrible. No idea why, but I am sitting in work after regurgitating the entire contents of my stomach. Not only that, I have a throbbing pain in my right temple, yet I have to listen to people shout and complain at me on the telephone. All I want is to go home and lie down for a bit, it would do me the world of good. The obstacle in my way is work and asking permission to go home due to illness, I have to speak to my boss and ask permission to go home because I feel so rough.

So as I pondered doing this, the entire idea of asking permission to go home due to sickness struck me as wrong. If you are ill you should go home, simple as that, you shouldn't need to go up to some boss figure and ASK to go home, you should go over, explain your not well and just say you are heading home. Sure people might abuse it, but the fact is we are adults and should be adult about this kind of thing. Its like being back and school and asking to go down to the medical room because you are ill, its childish and makes us feel like we're nervously trying to get away from school for an day of skiving. I think the time has come as adults to pull ourselves up by our boot straps and take this issue to hand, if you are ill you need to go home, if not then you do your work. It would probably be a lot worse if you call in sick for work and were just sitting at home doing nothing.

You know, I am pretty sure if my work involved administration tasks, something mindless I would be able to get through the day no problem, however I have to deal with people, and lets be honest here, the public are assholes, being one of them I can vouch for this. My job is to explain to people that they wont get as much money back on an investment as they first thought and maybe they wont be paying their mortgage back as soon as they had planned. I have to justify it without giving any specific reasons. So if you can imagine that, then you can imagine what people's reaction is to it, they are not best pleased.
Oh well back to the grind, I doubt I will see home early today, unless I throw up over my desk, which is always an idea.

No comments: